miércoles, 29 de febrero de 2012

In a Restaurant

Here is a dialogue that can help you to make yours. Have a look at it and write in your notebook the words or expressions you don't understand.


Waiter: Welcome to Antico’s restaurant. Table for two?
Customers: Yes, please.
Waiter: Ok, follow me. Here are your menus. Today's special is grilled salmon. I'll be back to take your order in a minute.
. . .
Waiter: Are you ready to order?
Customer 1: I'd like the seafood spaghetti.
Waiter: And you?
Customer 2: I'll have a hamburger and fries.
Waiter: Would you like anything to drink?
Customer 1: I'll have a coke, please.
Waiter: And for you?
Customer 2: Just water, please.
Waiter: OK. So that's one seafood spaghetti, one hamburger and fries, one coke, and one water. I'll take your menus.
. . .
Waiter: Here is your food. Enjoy your meal.
Customers: Thank you.
. . .
Waiter: How was everything?
Customers 2: Delicious, thanks.
Waiter: Would you like anything for dessert?
Customer 1: Yes, I’ll have a cheesecake.
Cusomer 2: What do you recommend me?
Waiter: The brownie is really good.
Customer 2: ok, I’ll have that.
Waiter: Any coffees?
Customer 1: I’ll have a black coffee.
Customer 2: I’ll have a white coffee.
Waiter: Perfect. I’ll be back in a couple of minutes.
Waiter: Here they are.
Customer 1: Can you bring us the bill please?
Waiter: Sure / Of course!
Waiter: Here it is.
Customers: Thank you.
Customer 1: Shall we go dutch?
Customer 2: Don't worry, I'll invite you this time.
Customer 1: oh, thank you!
Waiter: Good bye!
(arter they pay…)
Customers: Good bye!
Waiter: Goodbye!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario